1. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I wanted to be the doctor for the All Blacks and play for the Silver Ferns!
2. You are in the fifth year of a medical degree in Wellington with exams coming up/just been, which must be very intense! How difficult do you find it juggling study with playing netball for the Pulse at such a young age?
I have just completed my 5th year exams and have now started my 6th and final year of medical school. Juggling netball and university is very full on and keeps me very busy! I just have to be very good at managing my time wisely and being extremely organised!
3. Your medical studies prevented you from taking part in the recent series against Australia and adding to the three test caps you earned at the start of the year against England, how disappointing was that for you?
I knew I had to really knuckle down and focus on my exams. It is important to me that I work hard to complete my medical degree.
4. Have you picked a speciality within your medical degree yet? If so, what and why?
No not yet...It is really difficult to know what field of medicine I want to specialise in, I am hoping over the next few years I will work out what I enjoy the most with more experience working in the hospital. I have really enjoyed my time in Paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology and emergency medicine so far.
5. The Pulse finished eighth on the table in the 2011 ANZ Championship season; do you think you have a good chance of finishing higher on the table in 2012?
Absolutely, I have huge faith in the central pulse that we will be able to win more games and can't wait for the season to begin!!
6. In the ANZ Championship, which team do you love to play against the most, and why?
The Tactix have always being great rivals and we have fabulously close games against them! I also enjoy the Swifts since I have very fond memories of our very first win :)
7. What do you do when you're not studying, training or playing netball i.e. hobbies or interests (if you have any time left!)?
I enjoy going to the beach, waterskiing and fishing! I also love cafes and a spot of shopping!
8. Apart from your athletic skills, do you have any other secret talents?
No unfortunately not…I wish!
9. What is your favourite home-cooked meal?
Chicken Fettuccini, using San Remo pasta of course :)
10. Do you have a favourite restaurant?
Havana in Wellington!
11. What are your favourite movie and TV show?
Movie - Notting Hill, TV show - Miranda
12. What are you currently listening to on your iPod?
13. What was the last book you read?
The Help - Kathryn Stockett
14. What can't you live without?
Chocolate and tea!
15. What never fails to make you smile?
Rhys Darby (NZ comedian)
16. What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
Caving… I can't stand small spaces!
17. What's your ideal holiday destination?
North Wales, skiing in the French Alps or the Coromandel, NZ
18. Do you have a favourite quote / motto / other piece of advice you live by?
Advice - make the most of every opportunity, enjoy life, find a balance, work hard to have fun :)
19. If you could have dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose? Give us three names...
Roger Federer, David Beckham, Kate Middleton
20. If you could have any other job for a day, what would it be?